« ZurückWeiter »
In his Affections and Inclinations,
Pfal. lxxiii. 25.
1. Because he was made Happy.
tures, Gen. i. 28. USE 1. Admire the Goodness of GOD in our Creation, Psal. c. 1, 2, 3.
2. Bewail our Loss of this Image.
3. Endeavour to have it repaired, Eph. iv 24. 1. Be sensible of
Loss. 2. Believe on Jesus Christ, 1 Cor. i. 30. 3. Frequent Publick Ordinances,Rom. X. 171 4. Maintain your Authority over, and be
not subject to the World. 5. Live up according to that Image you
were made in.
Gen. xlix. 1o. The Scepter shall not depart from J20
MAN being fallen from GOD, could not
recover himself. 2. Hence the Son of GOD undertook to Redeem him.
3. To do this, he was to become Man.
4. Hence a Time was set when he should become Man, Gal. iv. 4.
-5. Before he came, GOD revealed him to his People, Gen. iii. 15. c. xii. 2, 3. c. xxii. 18. To the Gentiles, Fob xix. 25. Numb. xxiv. 17. To the Jews, Ifa. vii. 14. c. ix. 6.
6. Not only his Person, but the Time also of his Appearing, was revealed.
7. There are Three Places especially that determine the Time.
1. Mal. iii. 1. Hag. ii. 9.
3. Gen. xlix. 10.
3. By Judah, the Tribe : 2 Reg. xvii. Sab maneler having carried the Ten away Captive. 4. By Lawgiver, Qui jus dicit.
. By, from between his Legs, his Posterity born of him.
.Onkel ,עד דייתי משיחא דדיליה היא מלכותא
.Rab. Bechaj ,הזכיר יעקוב משיח בשם שולה
.שילה זהמלך המשיח
.תבין ליקהת אם .17 .Pro. Xxx
6. By Shilo, Messiah.
7. By the gathering of the People to him, Obedience to him, ay 177!!!!, in Arabick, Paruit, obediens füit.
To Mew when the Prophecy thus explain'd
was fulfilled : Consider, 1. When Fesus was born, Herod was King, an Idumean by Father's, Arabian by Mother's fide ; though a Profelite, yet not of Fudah's Pofterity:
Non defuit Judeorum Princeps ex Judeis ufque ad iftum Herodem quem primum acceperunt alienigenam Regem.", Auguft.
Šo Eusebius, Hist. 1. 1. c. 6.
Herodianie Herodem regem fufcepere pro Chrifto. Hieron.
Matt. xxii. 16. Mark iii. 6.c, viil. 15.
2. But the Jews in Herod's Time had their fore which' Herod himself was brought, and scarcely escaped with his Life, Jofeph. I. 14. 18.
But he after, Πάντας απέκλεινε τις εν τη συνεdela, Fosepb. 1. 14. 18.
But this Sanbedrim was taken away,
-be ,סנהדרין הגדרלה & סנהדרין קטנה ,Sanhedrim
Years before 40 ,ארבעים שנה קודם חורבן הבית
the Destruction of the Temple, David Ganfius, and Talmud. And so, juft when our Saviour
appeared in the World, Fob. xviii. 3!.
Αμα και αυτός εις ανθρώπες παρών και η Ιεδαίων Kes Pupona Badiamor. Eufeb.
3. The whole Prophesie was fulfilled at the Destruction of the Temple, for then were the Nations converted to Chrift.
USE. 1. Observe the Certainty of Scripture, fore; telling Things 1700 Years to come.
2. Jesus is the Christ, Yob. xx. 31;
EXHORTATION. 1. Bless GOD.'
1. For making,
14. Let your Thankfulness be expressed, 1. By a serious Meditation upon the Mercies ab
GOD, in sending his Son into the World; for this is the Mercy of all Mer
cies. 2. By a sincere and hearty Obedience to all
the Laws of so good and gracious a GOD, 3. By a liberal Contribution to the Poor
that they may rejoyce too. 4. By addresling your selves with all Humi
lity and Reverence to the Sacrament, that you may partake of his Merits, who as upon this Day came into the World to save you from your Sins, and bring you to Heayen.
Hich Name denotes,
I. His Existence.
II. His Essence, and in that, 1. His Unity, Deut. vi. 4. i Cor. viii. 4, 6.
Whence learn, 1. To apprehend as but one GOD, tho’
Three Persons. 2. To worship and serve but one GOD. 2. His Independency, Psal. l. 10, 11, 12.
1. Admire his Mercy.
2. Dread his Justice. 3. His Self-sufficiency, 17017, Asus, Deus.
1. Interest your felves in him.
2. Rely upon him. 4. His Causality, Act. xvii. 28. I, Acknowledge and conceive him as your
Maker. 2. Give your selves to him, who gave your ş. His Immutability, Heb. xiii. 8. Jac. i. 17. Mal. iij. 6.
1. Trust in his Promises.
2. Tremble at his Threatnings. 6. His Sovereignty, Psal. xlvii. 2. Mal. i. 14.
1. Obey his Commands chearfully.
2. Suffer his Punifhments patiently.
1. Often be thinking of his Presence.
selves to you.