« ZurückWeiter »
acts and protectings
Of the General Synod of the Reformed Dutch Church in North America, convened in the City of Philadelphia, on Wednesday the sixth day of June, in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and twenty-seven. The Session continued from the sixth to the thirteenth day of June inclusive.
TORMATION OF SYNOD.
Opening of Synod. The Synod was opened with prayer by the REv. John LUDLow, the President of the last General Synod; who preached a sermon in the evening of the first day of the Session, from Acts iv. 32.
1. From the Classis of New-York.
Reverend Nicholas I. Marselus, Eli Baldwin, and Alexander Gunn, D. D.”
Elders, Abraham Van Nest, John I. Labagh, and Everardus Warner. .
* Took his seat on the fourth day of the Session.
2. From the Classis of New-Brunswick.
Rev. James B. Hardenbergh, Samuel A. Van Wranken.
3. From the Classis of Bergen.
Rev. Staats Wan Santvoord, Gustavus Abeel, and James G. Ogilvie. Elders, Tunis Garrabrants, Charles Board.
4. From the Classis of Paramus.
Rev. Wilhelmus Eltinge, Benjamin C. Taylor, and Jefferson Wynkoop. Elder Richard Ackerman.
5. From the Classis of Long-Island.
Rev. William Crookshank, Stephen H. Meeker,” and Henry IIeermance. Elders, Abraham Terhune and Singleton Mitchell.f
6. From the Classis of Philadelphia.
Rev. Gilbert R. Livingston,f Jacob C. Sears, Jacob Larzelere. Elders, George W. Mentz, Frederick Erringer, and Aaron Feaster.
7. From the Classis of Poughkeepsie.
Rev. Herman Wedder, Cornelius C. Cuyler, and Cornelius D. Westbrook.
Elders, Nicholas Miller, Lawrence I. Van Kleeck, and Cornelius C. Van Wyck.
IFROM THE PARTICULAR Sy NOD OF ALBANY.
1. From the Classis of Albany.
Rev. Samuel Kissam, Robert Bronk, and Isaac Ferris.
* Resigned his seat to the Rev. Ebenezer Mason, his secundus, on the sixth day of Session.
t Obtained leave of absence after the fifth day of the Session.
# Resigned his seat to Rev. Peter Labagh, his secundus, on the second day of Session.
§ Obtained leave of absence on the sirth day of Session.
2. From the Classis of Rensselaer.
Rev. Richard Sluyter, A. Henry Dumont, and Isaac N. Wyckoff. Elders, John G. Philip, James Philip.
3. From the Classis of Ulster. Rev. James B. Ten Eyck, Abraham D. Wilson.*
4. From the Classis of Washington. Rev. Jacob D. Fonda,f Isaac P. Labagh.
Elders, Simon De Ridder, f Asahel Morris,” and Joseph SouthWorth.*
5. From the Classis of Montgomery. None appeared.
6. From the Classis of Schoharie.
Rev. John H. Van Wagenen, John F. Schermerhorn.
7. From the Classis of Schenectady. Rev. Robert J. Blair, John B. Steele. Elders, Jacob Swits,f Douw A. Fonda.
8. From the Classis of Cayuga. Rev. John A. Yates,' Abraham Messler.
The Rev. Professor
De Witt was present during a part of the Sessions of synod.
* Took their seats on the second day of the Session.