« ZurückWeiter »
Send Me a Message. HARRIETT H. PIERSON.
D. B. TOWNER.
1. Send me a mes-sage from heaven, I pray; Tell me it's on - ly just 2. Send me a message from heav-en to- night, On - ly a word from the 3. Ros - es that grow by the riv - er of God, Lil - ies that bloom where the
ver the way; Tell me I'll find you the same
of light; Oh, will your voice and the clasp of your hand an - gels have trod,- Shall we some day on that beau - ti - ful shore
cit - y.
Wait - ing with those who have gone on be - fore.
hear as of old,
On - ly this word thro' the cen- tu - ries told, -Blest is that
cit - y, no oth - er
so fair; God and your loved ones are waiting you there.
•Let a few ladies hum the small notes, or let them be sung softly by a clear tenor voice, COPYRIGHT, 1010, BY CHARLES M. ALEXANDER. INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT SECURED.
I am His, and He is Mine.
1. Loved with ev er - last-ing love, Led by grace that love to know; 2. Heav'n a - bove is soft-er blue, Earth a - round is sweet-er green! 3. Things that once were wild a - larms Can- not now dis-turb my rest; 4. His for : ev er,
on - ly His; Who the Lord and me shall part?
b 2 33 25-5-21
Spir - it, breath-ing from a - bove, Thou hast taught me it is so!
Pil-lowed on the lov-ing breast.
Oh, this full and per-fect peace! Oh, this trans - port all di - vine!
for - ev
- er here, Doubt and care and self re - sign, Heav'n and earth may fade and flee, First-born light in gloom de- cline;
Repeat last two lines of each verse as Chorus p.
In a love, which can-not cease,
One Sweetly Solemn Thought.
1. One sweet - ly sol - emn thought Comes to o'er and o’er; I'm 2. Near-er my Fa-ther's house, Where man - y mansions be; Near3. Near-er
the bound of life, Where bur - dens are laid down; Near4. Be
when my feet Are slip - ping o'er the brink; For
home to - day, to - day, Than I have been be - fore, the great white throne to - day, Near - er
tal to leave the cross to - day, And near- er to the
er home to - day, Per - haps, than now I near
be - fore.
The Man of Galilee.
S. J. DUNCAN-CLARK.
E. 0. SELLERS.
1. Shout a - loud the stir-ring sum-mons O’er the land from sea to sea; 2. Men are want - ed, men of pur - pose, Men of faith to bend the knee, 3. Broth-ers, stay thine haste a mo-ment, Heed the call that comes to thee, 4. From the count-ing-house and col - lege, From the forge and fac - to - ry, 5. Go ye forth, pro-claim His gos - pel, He who leads to
vic - to · ry,
Men are want -ed who will fol - low With the Man of Gal - i - lee. Men to yield their all and fol - low With the Man of Gal - i - lee. Pledge your faith and yield your serv-ice To the Man of Gal - i - lee. Lo, there throngs a loy - alle - gion to the Man of Gal - i - lee. O
and death tri-um-phant, Bless-ed Man of Gal - i - lee.
Jesus! I am Resting, Resting.
JEAN SOPHIA PIGOTT.
1. Je sus! I am rest -ing, rest - ing the joy of what Thou art; 2. Oh, how great Thy lov - ing kind-ness, Vast-er, broad-er than the sea! 3. Sim - ply trust-ing Thee, Lord Je-sus, I be-hold Thee as Thou art; 4. Ev er lift Thy face up - on me,
I work and wait for Thee;
I am find-ing out the great-ness Of Thylov - ing heart. Oh, how mar-vel
Thy good-ness, Lav-ished all me! And Thy love so pure, 80 change-less, Sat - is fies my heart. Rest-ing 'neath Thy smile, Lord Je sus, Earth's dark shad-ows flee.
the great - ness
Of Thy lov - ing heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze up-on Thee, And Thy beau-ty fills my soul; Yes, I rest in Thee, be - lov - ed, Know what wealth of grace is Thine; Sat - is - fies its deep- est long-ings, Meets, sup-plies its ev - ’ry need; Brightness of my Fa-ther's glo-ry, Sun - shine of my Fa-ther's face;
D. C. Chorus.
For by Thy trans-form - ing pow - er, Thou hast made me whole. Know Thy cer-tain - ty of prom - ise, And have made it mine. Com-pass-cth me round with bless - ings, Thine is
in deed. Keep me ev - er trust - ing, rest - ing, Fill
with Thy grace.