Morgan Kaufmann, 23.09.1994 - 362 Seiten
Written by the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia, this book is an excellent guide to the methods of usability engineering. The book provides the tools needed to avoid usability surprises and improve product quality. Step-by-step information on which method to use at various stages during the development lifecycle are included, along with detailed information on how to run a usability test and the unique issues relating to international usability.
* Emphasizes cost-effective methods that developers can implement immediately
* Instructs readers about which methods to use when, throughout the development lifecycle, which ultimately helps in cost-benefit analysis.
* Shows readers how to avoid the four most frequently listed reasons for delay in software projects.
* Includes detailed information on how to run a usability test.
* Covers unique issues of international usability.
* Features an extensive bibliography allowing readers to find additional information.
* Written by an internationally renowned expert in the field and the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia.
What Is Usability?
Generations of User Interfaces
The Usability Engineering Lifecycle
Usability Assessment Methods beyond
International User Interfaces
Andere Ausgaben - Alle anzeigen
achieve activities actually additional allow analysis application approach asked better changes Chapter collect command Communications consider consistency cost course detailed dialogue discussed documentation elements error evaluation example experience experimenter field Figure final function given goal graphical guidelines heuristic Human Factors Human-Computer icons important improve indicate individual interaction interface design issues language learning less manuals mean measured menu methods Nielsen normally novice objects observation operating perform possible principles Proc prototype questions ratings reasonable reference representative require screen shows single specific standard subjective tasks test users tion translation types typical understand usability engineering usability problems user interface user testing user's various
Alle Ergebnisse von Google Books »