« ZurückWeiter »
1. FLUGEL's GERMAN-ENGLISH AND ENGLISH-GERMAN DICTIoNARY, new and very much enlarged edition, adapted to the English student, with great additions and improvements, by C. A: FEILING and Dr. A. HEIMANN, 2 vols. 8vo, cloth boards . - .. London, 1841 1 16 0 * * A Pocket Edition of the above, for the use of Schools and of Travellers, is in the press.
2. ERMELER (C. F.) DEUTscHEs LESEBUCH, or German Reading Book, new edition, enlarged, improved, and adapted to the use of English students, by Dr. A. HEIMANN, teacher of German at the London University School, and one of the editors of Flügel's German and English Dictionary, 12mo, cloth boards–London, 1843 0 5 0 “ Numerous additions have been made throughout the work, particularly in the Poetical part, with the double view of enriching the compilation with a mass of valuable materials such as would satisfy a pupil's desire for reading during the whole period of instruction; and at the same time of giving an idea (as far as such a small compass would allow) of the best authors in German literature, from the times of Gellert down to the present day. The Book will not be found to contain a single piece which is not a perfect specimen of Composition." – Extract from the Ä.
3. TIARKs's INTRoDUCToRY GRAMMAR oF THE GERMAN LANGUAGE, with am Introductory Reader and Introductory Exercises, 2nd edition, 12mo, cloth boards . 0 3 6
4. DoNATTI's GRAMMAR OF THE GERMAN LANGUAGE, on
upon the principles of Grimm, Becker, Schmitthenner,
HEILNER's GERMAN GRAMMAR, 8vo, cloth boards
THE NATURE AND GENIUs oF THE GERMAN LANGUAGE, displayed in a more extended review of its grammatical forms than is to be found in any Grammar extant, and elucidated by quotations from the best writers, by D. BoILEAU, new edition, 12mo, cloth boards . - s A KEY To THE GERMAN LANGUAGE AND CoNVERSATION;
with an Easy Introduction to the German Grammar, by
. THE GERMAN SUBsTANTIvE developed in its Relations to
Gender, Declension, and Number, by H. G. MIGAULT,
. SELECTIONs FRoM THE BEST GERMAN AUTHoRs, in
Prose and Poetry, by Dr. L. BERNsTEIN, Professor of the German Language in the Manchester New College, 8vo, cloth boards. . e - - s e PARADIGMs, AND GLossARY To THE GERMAN READING LEssoNs, selected from Menzel’s Geschichte der Deutschen, by Dr. BIALLoBLoTTsKY, 8vo, cloth boards.
A TREATISE oN THE PRoNUNCIATIoN oF THE GERMAN
FoREIGN BooKSELLER, 158, FLEET STREET.
20. GöTHE's sAEMMTLICHE WERKE, new pocket edition, handsomely printed in 40 vols. square 12mo, sewed. . * * A series of Plates (Gallerie zu Göthe) exquisitely engraved after drawings by the first living Artists, to illustrate the Pocket Edition . e a «. a
21. LEssING's sAEMMTLICHE SCHRIFTEN, 1 vol. imp. 8vo 1842
22. Ditto, new and handsomely printed edition, with Plates, 12 vols. 8vo, sewed . s
23. Ditto, new Pocket Edition, 10 vols. 12mo . 1842
24. SCHILLER's sAEMMTLICHE WERKE, new and complete edition, with Portrait, fac-simile, and life of the Poet, l vol. imp. 8vo, sewed s Stuttgard, 1840
25. Ditto, new and superbly printed edition, with 13 Illustrations, 12 vols. 8vo, sewed . s Stuttgard, 1836
26. Ditto, Pocket Edition, in 12 vols. 18mo, sewed. Ib. 1839
27. SToRY wITHoUT END, in German, (Das Märchen ohne Ende,) square 12mo, neatly bound in cloth . s d
28. SHORT MoRAL TALEs (in German)–An Introductory Reading Book for School and Private Instruction, in the German Language, selected and illustrated with exÄgy Notes, by W. BERGER, 12mo, neatly bound in cloth. d e «. e d - - e This is an extremely judicious and carefully made selection. It contains specimens from all the most celebrated modern writers of Juvenile and Moral Tales, and is incomparably the best reading book that can be put into the hands of a young person commencing the study of the German language.
29. FAUsT voN J. W. voN GoETHE, new edition, very neatly and accurately printed, with a Glossary, and Explanation of the most difficult Words, by the Rev. Dr. Tiarks, 12mo, cloth boards . - e e e -
30. SCHILLER's LIED voN DER GLockE, with English translations on the opposite page, new edition, handsomely printed, 12mo, fancy cloth boards - - e s This translation of Schiller's justly admired and celebrated Song of the Bell, by T. J. Arnold, Esq., is universally acknowledged to be the most skilful.
Bl. SCHILLER's WILHELM TELL, 8vo, bound in cloth . e 32. – DoN CARLos, ditto . - - - 33. – JUNGFRAU voN ORLEANs, ditto . - e 34.
GoETHE's GoTz voN BERLICHINGEN, 2 vols. 12mo, bound
übersetzt von A. L. GRIMM, 1 vol. 12mo, neatly bound This is a reprint of five of the most popular Tales out of the Thousand and One Nights, translated by the learned A. L. Grimm. The style is inimitable, and it is one of the most entertaining reading books which can be used by any person studying the German language. DELMAR's GRAMMAR oF THE SPANISH LANGUAGE, with Exercises, 3rd edition, 12mo, cloth boards . - NEwMAN AND BARETTI's SPANISH AND ENGLISH DICTIoNARY, 2 vols. 8vo, cloth boards, 7th edition
Ditto, abridged edition, 1 vol. 18mo - e - s MIDosI's PoRTUGUESE AND ENGLISH GRAMMAR, 2ndedition, 8vo, sheep - - s e G e VIEYRA's PoRTUGUESE AND ENGLISH DICTIONARY, new edition, 2 vols. 8vo, boards - e d . Ditto, abridged edition, square 12mo .
BARETTI's ITALIAN AND ENGLISH DICTIoNARY, 9th edi-
GRAGLIA's ITALIAN AND ENGLISH DICTIONARY, 18mo,
GALEoTTI's ELEMENTs oF ITALIAN AND ENGLISH CoN-
. LAFoNTAINE's FABLEs, with Levizac's Notes, 1 vol.
12mo, sheep . - - s - e
WENDEBoRN's PRACTICAL GERMAN GRAMMAR, in which
. WAsHINGToN, par M. GUIzoT, reprinted from the Original
FRENCH Work accompanying the Life and Correspond-
G. Woodfall and Son, Printers, Angel Court, Skinner Street, London,