« ZurückWeiter »
compliance with which is to be
proved before Examiners.
Power to interfere with any Crown, Church or Corporation property, or property held in trust for public or charitable purposes :
Power to relinquish any part of a work authorized by a former Act:
Power to divert into any existing or intended cut, canal, reservoir, aqueduct er navigation, or into any intended variation, extension or enlargement thereof respectively, any water from any existing cut, canal, reservoir, aqueduct or navigation, whether directly or derivatively, and whether under any agreement with the proprietors thereof, or otherwise :
Power to make, vary, extend or enlarge any cut, canal, reservoir, aqueduct or navigation :
Power to make, vary, extend or enlarge any Railway. The said Declaration shall state which of such powers are given by the Bill, and shall indicate in which clauses of the Bill (referring to them by their number) such powers are given, and shall further state that the Bill does not give power to effect any of the objects enumerated in this Order, other than those stated in the Declaration.
If the proposed Bill shall not give power to effect any of the objects enumerated in the preceding Order, the said Declaration shall state that the Bill does not give power to effect any of such objects.
The said Declaration shall also state that the Bill does not give any powers other than those included in the Notices for the Bill.
and other Public
33. On or before the 18th day of December, a printed Copy shall be Deposit of Private deposited
Bills at Treasury (1.) Of every Private Bill, at the Office of His Majesty's Treasury,
Departments. at the Local Government Board, and at the General Post Office;
(2.) Of every Local Bill relating to Scotland or Ireland, at the Office of the Secretary for Scotland or the Irish Office, as the case may be ;
(3.) Of every Biil relating to Railways, Tramways, Canals, Gas, Water, Patents, or Electric Lighting, or for incorporating or giving powers to any Company, at the Office of the Board of Trade :
(4.) Of every Bill relating to any Dock, Harbour, Navigation, Pier, Port or Tidal Waters, at the Office of the Harbour Department of the Board of Trade, marked " Tidal Waters " ;
(5.) Of every Bill of the Second Class whereby it is intended to authorise the construction of any work on the Banks, Foreshore, or Bed of any River, at the Office of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries, and at the Office of the Conservators of the River, if any ;
(6.) Of every Bill containing provisions with respect to the use of weights and measures, or the inspection or verification of the same, at the Standards Department of the Board of Trade ; (7.) Of every Bill
(a.) Relating to a Local Court or Stipendiary Magistrate ;
(h.) Whereby power is sought to take any Churchyard, Burial Ground, or Cemetery, or any part thereof, or to disturb the bodies interred therein, or to take any Common or Commonable Land;
(c.) Or in which provisions are contained relating to houses inhabited by the working class in London ;
(d) Or promoted by Municipal and other Local Authority by which it is proposed to create powers relating to Police or Sanitary Kegulations which deviate from, or are in extension of, or repugnant
to, the General Law; at the Office of the Secretary of State for the Home Department ;
(8.) Of every Bill relating to any Company, body, or person carrying on business in any Colony or British Possession, at the Office of the Secretary of State for the Colonies ;
compliance with which is to be proved before Examiners.
(9.) Of every Bill which proposes to alter the Boundary of the area of any County, Urban District, Parish, or any other administrative area, or which relates to any matter to which the Births and Deaths Registration Acts, 1836 to 1874, and any Act amending the same, relate, at the General Register Office, Somerset House ;
(10.) Of every private Bill whereby the boundaries of any School District or the jurisdiction of any School Board are affected, at the Office of the Board of Education ;
(11.) Of every Bill affecting Crown property, at the Office of the Commissioners of Woods, and if the property is in England or Scotland, at the Office of the Commissioners of Works, or, if the property is in Ireland, at the Office of the Commissioners of Public Works in Ireland ;
(12.) Of every Bill affecting Charities or Charitable Trusts, at the Office of the Charity Commission and at the Office of the Board of Education
; (13,) Of every Bill affecting the Duchy of Cornwall or the Duchy of Lancaster, at the Office of such Duchy respectively ;
(14.) Of every Local Bill which relates to the drainage of land in England or Wales, or which relates to the improvement of land in England, Wales, or Scotland, or to the erection, improvement, repair, maintenance, or regulation of any market or market place at which cattle are exposed for sale, or to any matter within the jurisdiction of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries, or which proposes to alter the boundary of any county, urban or rural district, parish, or any other administrative area in the United Kingdom, or whereby power is sought to take any common or commonable land, at the Office of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Deposit of Bills with the London County Council.
34. On or before the 18th day of December, a printed Copy of every Bill of the Second Class which proposes to authorise any Work in London, shall be deposited at the Office of the London County Council.
34a. On or before the 18th day of December a printed Copy of every Bill of the First Class which proposes to authorise any persons other than the Road Authority to break up or otherwise interfere with any streets or roads, shall be deposited at the Office of the Road Authority.
Deposit of Bills with Road Authorities.
Deposit of Estimates, &c. in Private Bill Office.
35. All Estimates and Declarations, and Lists of Owners, Lessees and Occupiers, which are required by the Standing Orders of this House, shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office on or before the 31st day of December.
Documents to be
35a. As respects all Bills for the incorporation of Joint Stock Companies, deposited in Private Bill Ofice in regard or proposed Companies for carrying on any Trade or Business, or for conto Joint Stock ferring upon such Companies the power of suing and being sued, there shall Companies Bills.
be deposited in the Private Bill Office, on or before 31st December, a copy
1st.— The present and proposed amount of the Capital of the Company.
5th. The names, residences, and descriptions of the Shareholders or Subscribers (so far as the same can be made out), and of the actual or provisional Directors,
Treasurers, Secretaries or other officer, if any. And such documents shall be verified by the signature of some authorized officer of the Company, or proposed Company (if any), and by some responsible party promoting the Bill ; and copies of such Declarations shall
he printed at the expense of the Promoters of the Bill, and delivered at Standing Orders, the Vote Office for the use of the Members of The House, and at the with which is to be Private Bill Office for the use of any Agent who may apply for the same. proved before
Examiners. 36. On or before 31st December, copies of the Estimate of Expense Copies of Estimato of the Undertaking ; and where a Declaration alone, or Declaration and and Declaration to Estimate of the probable amount of Rates and Duties, are required, copies dolivered at of such Declaration, or of such Declaration and Estimate, shall be printed at Privato Bill Office. the expense of the Promoters of the Bill, and delivered at the Vote Office for the use of the Members of The House, and at the Private Bill Office for the use of any Agent who may apply for the same.
37. The Estimate for any Works proposed to be authorized by any form of Estimate. Railway, Tramway, Tramroad, Canal, Dock, or Harbour Bill, shall be in the following form, or as near thereto as circumstances may permit ESTIMATE of the proposed
The same details for each Branch, and General Summary of Total Cost.
38. WHERE any Bill contains or revives or extends power to take com- Deposit of statepulsorily or by agreement any land in any local area as defined for the meat relating to
working class purposes of this Order, and such taking involves or may involve the houses. taking in that area of any house or houses occupied either wholly or partially by thirty or more persons of the working class, whether as tenants or lodgers, the promoters shall deposit in the Private Bill Office, and at the Office of the Central Authority on or before the 21st day of December, a statement giving the description and postal address of each of such houses, its number on the deposited plans, the parish in which it is situate, and the number (so far as can be ascertained) of persons of the working class residing in it, and also a copy of so much of the deposited plans (if any) as relates thereto.
This Order shall not apply where a statement in pursuance of this Order compliance with which is to be was deposited in respect of the Act, the powers of which are proposed to be proved before
revived or extended, Examiners.
For the purposes of this Order the expression“ local area” means
(1) as respects London, the Administrative County of London ;
borough, or other urban district, and elsewhere than in a
borough or other urban district, any parish; (3) as respects Scotland, any district within the meaning of
The Public Health (Scotland) Act, 1897 ; and (4) as respects Ireland, any urban district ;
The expression “house ” means any house or part of a house occupied as a separate dwelling:
The expression “ working class means mechanics, artisans, labourers, and others working for wages, hawkers, costermongers, persons not working for wages but working at some trade or handicraft without employing others except members of their own family, and persons, other than domestic servants, whose income in any case does not exceed an average of thirty shillings a week, and tlie families of any of such persons who may be residing with them :
The expression "central authority” means, as regards London, the Secretary of State for the Home Department, and as regards England and Wales (outside London) the Local Government Board, as regards Scotland, the Secretary for Scotland, and as regards Ireland, the Local Government Board for Ireland :
The expression “ Bill ” includes a Bill confirming a Provisional Order.
Deposit of Plans, &c. in case of Provisional Orders in Private Bill Office.
39. WHENEVER Plans, Sections, Books of Reference, or Maps are deposited in the case of a Provisional Order or Provisional Certificate, proposed to be made by any Public Department or County Council, duplicates of the said Documents shall also be deposited in the Private Bill Office ; provided that with regard to such deposits as are so made at any Public Department or with any County Council, after the Prorogation of Parliament, and before the 30th day of November in any year, such duplicates shall be so deposited on or before the 30th day of November.
4. Plans, Books of Reference, Sections and Cross Sections. 40. Every Plan required to be deposited shall be drawn to a scale of not less than Four inches to a Mile, and shall describe the lands which may be taken or used compulsorily, or on which an improvement charge may be imposed, or which are rendered liable to the imposition of an improvement charge, and in the case of Bills of the Second Class, shall also describe the line or situation of the whole of the Work (no alternative line or Work being in any case permitted), and the lands in or through which it is to be made, maintained, varied, extended or enlarged, or through which any communication to or from the Work may be made ; and where it is the intention of the Promoters to apply for powers to make any lateral deviation from the line of the proposed Work, the limits of such deviation shall be defined upon the Plan, and all Lands included within such limits shall be marked thereon ; and unless the whole of such plan shall be upon a scale of not less than a quarter of an inch to every 100 feet, an enlarged Plan shall be added of any Building, Yard, Court-Yard or Land within the curtilage of any Building, or of any Ground cultivated as a Garden, either in the line of the proposed Work, or included within the limits of the said deviation, upon a scale of not less than a quarter of an inch to every 100 feet.
Standing Orders, 41. In all cases where it is proposed to make, vary, extend or enlarge compliance any Cut, Canal, Reservoir, Aqueduct or Navigation, the Plan shall describe with which is to be the Brooks and Streams to be directly diverted into such intended Cut,
Examiners. Canal, Reservoir, Aqueduct or Navigation, or into any variation, extension or enlargement thereof respectively, for supplying the same with Water.
Description required in case of
Canals, &c. 42. In all cases where it is proposed to make, vary, extend or enlarge Particulars in case any Railway, the Plan shall exhibit thereon the distances in miles and of Railways. furlongs, from one of the termini ; and a memorandum of the radius of every curve not exceeding One Mile in length shall be noted on the Plan in furlongs and chains ; and where tunnelling as a substitute for open cutting is intended, the same shall be marked by a dotted line on the Plan, and no work shall be shown as tunnelling, in the making of which it will be necessary to cut through or remove the surface soil.
43. If it be intended to divert, widen or narrow any Public Carriage Diversion of Roads Road, Navigable River, Canal or Railway, the course of such diversion, and &c. to be shown. the extent of such widening or narrowing, shall be marked upon the Plan ; and, if it be intended to divert any public footpath, the course of such diversion shall be marked upon the Plan.
44. When a Railway is intended to form a junction with an existing or In case of authorised line of Railway, the course of such existing or authorised line Junctions, course of Railway shall be shown on the deposited plan for a distance of 800 yards to be shown. on either side of the proposed junction, on the same scale as the scale of the General Plan.
45. In cases of Bills for laying down a Tramway, the Plans shall indicate Plans in the case whether it is proposed to lay such Tramway along the centre of any street, of Street Tramway and if not along the centre, then on which side of, and at what distance from an imaginary line drawn along the centre of such street, and whether or not, and if so, at what point or points it is proposed to lay such Tramway, so that for a distance of thirty feet or npwards a less space than nine feet six inches, or if it is intended to run thereon carriages or trucks adapted for use upon railways, a less space than ten feet six inches shall intervene between the outside of the footpath on either side of the road, and the nearest rail of the Tramway.
All lengths shall be stated on the Plan and section in miles, furlongs, chains, and decimals of a chain. The distances in miles and furlongs from one of the termini of each Tramway shall be marked on the Plan and section. Each double portion of Tramway, whether a passing-place or otherwise, shall be indicated by a double line. The total length of the road upon which each Tramway is to be laid shall be stated (i.e., the length of route of each Tramway).
The length of each double and single portion of such Tramway, and the total length of such double and single portions respectively shall also be stated.
In the case of double lines (including passing-places), the distance between the centre lines of each line of Tramway shall be marked on the Plans. This distance must in all cases be sufficient to leave at least fifteen inches between the sides of the widest carriages and engines to be used on the Tramways when passing one another. The gradients of the road on which each Tramway is to be laid shall be marked on the section. Every crossing of a Railway, Tramway, River, or Canal, shall be shown, specifying in the case of Railways and Tramways whether they are crossed over, under, or on the level.
All tidal waters shall be coloured blue.
All places where for a distance of thirty feet and upwards there will be a less space than nine feet six inches between the outside of the footpath on either side of the road and the nearest rail of the Tramway shall be indicated by a thick dotted line on the Plans on the side or sides of the line of Tramway where such narrow places occur, as well as noted on the Plans, and the width of the road at those places should also be marked on the Plans.
The preceding paragraph shall apply, in the case of a Tramroad, wherever it is carried along a street or road.