« ZurückWeiter »
Practice of The
202. All Charges in any way affecting the Public Revenue, which occur
in the Clauses of any Private Bill, shall be printed in Italics in such Bill affecting the Public when presented to the House.
203. Every Private Bill (except Name Bills) shall be printed ; and printed Bills to be delivered copies thereof delivered to the Vote Office for the use of the Members before
the First Reading
Revenue to be inserted in Italics. Printed copies of
the Private Bill
Time between 204. THERE shall not be less than Three clear Duys, nor more than
, or any
Committee on Standing Orders, as the case may be.
to confirm any Provisional Oriler or Provisional Certificate before The
Provision), shall be presented to this House, by depositing the same in the
Private Bill Office, and there shall be indorsed thereon the name or short
Memorial, on a requisition to that effect being deposited in the Private Bill withdrawn.
Office, signed by him or by the Agent who deposited such Petition or
207. In cases where the Second or Third Reading of a Private Bill, or Reading to be
the consideration of a Bill as amended by the Committee, or any proposed
Clause or Amendment, or any Motion relating to a Private Bill, is opposed,
considered and disposed of at the same sitting.
having been read a Second Time and committed, shall stand referred to
Second or Third
Provisional Order 208a. Every Bill for confirming Provisional Orders or Provisional
Certificates shall, after the Second Reading, stand referred to the Committee
the case may require, and be subject to the Standing Orders regulating mittee.
the proceedings upon Private Bills, so far as they are applicable: Provided
Unopposed Bills when treated as opposed, to be again referred to Committee of Selection or Generai Committee (S.O. 83.)
209. When The House shall have been informed by the Chairman of Ways and Means, that in his opinion any unopposed Private Bill should be treated as an opposed Bill, such Bill shall be again referred to the Committee of Selection; or in the case of a Railway or Canal Bill, to the General Committee on Railway and Canal Bills.
210. Every Petition against a Private Bill which shall have been deposited Practice of The in the Private Bill Office within the required time, and every Petition against any Bill to confirm any Provisional Order or Provisional Certificate, which Petition against shall have been deposited in the Private Bill Office not later than Seven clear Bill, to stand Days after notice shall have been given of the day on which the Bill will be mittee on Bill, &a examined, or which shall have been otherwise deposited in accordance with the Standing Orders of The House, and in which the Petitioners shall have prayed to be heard, by themselves, their Counselor Agents, shall stand referred to the Committee on such Bill, and such Petitioners, subject to the Rules and Orders of the House, shall be heard upon their Petition accordingly, if they think fit, and Counsel heard, in favour of the Bill against such Petition.
211. THERE shall be Six clear Days between the Second Reading of every time between Private Bill, and of every Bill to confirm any Provisional Order or Pro- Second Reading visional Certificate, and the sitting of the Committee thereupon, except in the case of Name Bills, Naturalization Bills, and Estate Bills (not being Bills relating to Crown, Church or Corporation Property, or property held in trust for Public or Charitable purposes), in respect of which there shall be Three clear Days between the Second Reading and the Committee.
212. All Reports made under the authority of any Public Department Reports of Departupon a Private Bill, or the objects thereof, laid before the House, shall stand ments to stand referred to the Committee on the Bill.
referred to Committee on Bill.
213. The Report upon every Private Bill shall lie upon the Table; and Report of Bills. every such Bill, if amended in Committee, or a Railway or a Tramway Bill shall be ordered to lie upon the Table; but if not amended in Cominittee, and not a Railway or a Tramway Bill, it shall be ordered to be read a Third Time.
214. Every Private Bill, as amended in Committee, shall be printed at Printing of the expense of the Parties applying for the same, and delivered to the Amended Bills. Vote Office for the use of the Members, Three clear Days at least before the consideration of such Bill.
215. In the case of Private Bills ordered to lie upon the Table, Three Time between Reclear Days shall intervene between the Report and the consideration of port and Considera
tion of Bill, &c. the Bill, and no consideration of any such Bill shall take place, unless the Chairman of the Committee of Ways and Means shall have informed The House, or signified in writing to Mr. Speaker, whether the Bill contain the several provisions required by the Standing Orders.
216. No Clause or Amendment shall be offered in The House on the Amendments not consideration of any Private Bill ordered to lie upon the Table, nor any consideration of verbal Amendment on the Third Reading of any Private Bill, unless the Bill, or on Third Chairman of the Committee of Ways and Means shall have informed The Reading, unless House, or signified in writing to Mr. Speaker, whether, in his opinion, such sanctioned by Clause or Amendment be such as ought or ought not to be entertained by and Means. The House, without referring the same to the Select Committee on Standing Orders.
217. When any Clause or Amendment is offered on the consideration of Clauses and any Private Bill ordered to lie upon the Table, or any verbal Amendment Amendments on the Third Reading of any Private Bill, such Clause or Amendment shall sideration of Bill be printed : And when any Clause is proposed to be amended, it shall be or verbal Amendprinted in extenso, with every addition or substitution in different type, and Renti.com Third the omissions therefrom included in brackets and underlined, unless the printedi. Chairman of the Committee of Ways and Means shall consider such printing to be unnecessary. The expense of printing such Clauses or Amendments, when offered by a party promoting or opposing a Bill, shall be paid by such party
Practice of The
Report of Select
218. WHEN any Clause or Amendment on the consideration of any Private Bill ordered to lie upon the Table, or any verbal Amendment on the Third Reading of any Private Bill, shall have been referred to the Select Committee on Standing Orders, no further proceeding shall be had until the Report of the said Select Committee shall have been brought up.
219. No Amendments, not being merely verbal, shall be made to any Private Bill on the Third Reading.
No Amendments, except verbal, on Third Reading
Lords Amend- 220. All Amendments made by the House of Lords to any Private ments to be printed Bill shall be printed at the expense of the parties, and circulated with the Votes prior to the Votes, prior to such Amendments being taken into consideration ; and consideration, &c. where any Clause has been amended, it shall be printed in extenso, with
every addition or substitution in different type, and the omissions therefrom included in brackets and underlined, unless the Chairman of the Committee of Ways and Means shall consider such printing to be unnecessary; and when any Amendments are intended to be proposed to the Lords’ Amend. ments, such proposed Amendments shall also be printed in like manner.
Bill to be printed fair after Third Reading
221. EVERY Private Bill, after it has been read a Third Time, shall be printed fair, at the expense of the parties applying for the same.
Notice of Com- 222. In all cases where it is intended to appoint a Committee to inspect inittee to inspect
the Journals of the House of Lords with relation to any proceedings upon Lords' Journais to be given to any Private Bill, previous notice thereof in writing shall be given by the Committee Clerks. Agent to the Clerks in the Committee Office. Bill not to proceed 223. No Private Bill shall pass through two stages on one and the same two stages on same day.
day without the special leave of The House. Notice to be given 224. Except in cases of urgent and pressing necessity, no Motion shall be dispensation
made to dispense with any Sessiona) or Standing Order of The House without due notice thereof.
of Motion for
Order of Pro- 225. Each day, so soon as The House shall be ready to proceed to Private ceedings in House Business, the Clerk at the Table shall read from the Private Business
List, and from the List of Bills presented for First Reading (see Order 196),
1. Consideration of Lords' Amendments;
5. First Reading ;
be adjourned until the next sitting of The House. Provisional Order 2250. All Bills for confirming Provisional Orders or Certificates shall be
set down for consideration, each day, in a separate List, after the Private Business, and arranged in the same order as that prescribed by the Standing Orders for Private Bills.
Tolls and Charges not in the nature of a Tax.
226. This House will not insist on its privileges with regard to any Clauses in Private Bills, or in Bills to confirm any Provisional Orders or Provisional Certificates sent down from the House of Lords which refer to tolls and charges for services performed, and are not in the nature of a Tax, or which refer to rates assessed and levied by local authorities for local purposes.